The Ultimate Organizing Your Closet for Under $50 Quiz
It's only natural that closets get messy, but they don't have to stay that way. There are ways to organize your closet for less than $50.
What is a closet meant to do?
- complements décor of the room
- keeps stuff out of sight
- hides defects in walls
What can you do about embarrassing skeletons in your closet?
- Consult a lawyer.
- Organize a skeleton clean-up crew.
- Get things under control.
Having plenty of room in a closet usually leads to what?
- stuff accumulating
- more efficient use of space
- a more organized environment
How can you begin to organize your closet?
- Clearly mark all items.
- Reduce the amount of stuff.
- Wait for a convenient time.
What is the most efficient and fundamental way to actually organize the clothes in a bedroom closet?
- Pack everything as tightly as possible to create space.
- Increase the number of shelves so you can fit in even more stuff.
- After removing and trying on everything, put aside anything you can't or don't want to use.
How would you deal with things you are uncertain about?
- Put them aside and see if they are missed after a period of time.
- Flip a coin.
- Measure their sentimental value.
If you have something really nice you no longer fit into, what would you do?
- Use them as a challenge to get back in shape.
- Just buy a new pair and be finished with it.
- Both answers are right depending on your determination and financial situation.
What is an efficient way to organize a pile of skirts or pants?
- folding them as small as possible
- a tiered hanger
- using a vacuum storage bag
What can you do about shirts?
- cascading clothes hangers
- multiple shirts on each hanger
- rolling them up carefully
Let's move on to the hall closet. What can you do with the shoes you have to store there?
- Add more shelves.
- Pile shoes one on top of the other.
- Get an over-the-door shoe rack.
If everything seems to spill over and become cluttered, what can you do?
- tighter packing of items
- closet dividers
- greater spaces between items
What do most home organizers say about successful organization?
- This is going to cost you!
- We need to pack as much as possible in as small a space as possible.
- Have a home for each item.
Can you think of any common household items that can be put to good use in the organizational efforts?
- wire or plastic stackable baskets
- kitchen spatula
- plastic garbage bags
After organizing and separating the different items, how can you keep track of everything?
- by gluing containers in place
- by labeling everything
- by drawing a map showing locations
What can help you clean your closets on a regular basis?
- Clean whenever the closet becomes too messy.
- Deal with a different item each month.
- Do seasonal cleaning in the winter and summer.
How can you reduce the space things take up without ruining them?
- Try space bags.
- Pack things as deeply into the closet as you can.
- Place a heavy weight on each pile of clothes.
Is there anything to do about stuff that is only used at a specific time of year?
- Put it away so that it is forgotten.
- Store it away until needed.
- Throw it out when no longer needed.
What is a Ballganizer?
- ball-shaped storage bin
- semi-circular shoe rack
- sports equipment organizer
When asked to clean the room, what is a child's first instinct?
- dump everything in the closet
- organize everything
How can you contribute to lessening the clutter in a child's room?
- Only permit a certain number of toys on the floor at any given time
- Define a specific, confined play area that can easily be concealed.
- Separate the toys, by category, into different containers.