The Ultimate Organizing a Home Office for Less Than $50 Quiz
Organizing your home office is one of the challenges of working at home. Take this quiz to see how to organize your home office for under $50.
What are clear signs you need to get your home office organized?
- silent telephone
- piles of paper and files everywhere
- coffee machine too far away
Can trouble finding a particular document affect your work?
- not at all
- can distract you from your coffee break
- may cause a venture to fail
Why should you get your ducks in a row?
- to spare your bottom line
- create a home firing range
- so they'll look good
From what you've seen, how expensive can it be to organize your home office?
- under $25
- under $40
- under $50
What is one of the basic organizational factors in a home office?
- coaster for your coffee cup
How can you better demonstrate your environmental awareness?
- exclusive use of wood pencils
- displaying environmental stickers
- recycling waste paper
What is probably the most important item of furniture in a home office, other than the obvious chair, desk, phone and computer?
- an efficient coffee machine
- filing cabinet
- a television
And what is a good companion to the previous purchase?
- cable television subscription
- good supply of coffee
Now that we have somewhere to file the vital data, let's step back and ask what do we do before filing?
- obtaining a desktop filing system
- positioning the filing cabinet
- emptying the wastebasket
Now that we have determined how to separate the paperwork, how do we keep things under control?
- heavy paper weights
- designated area on the desk
- desktop baskets
Is it more efficient to use wood or metal desktop baskets?
- It doesn't matter.
- Wood looks more professional.
- Metal absorbs static electricity from the papers.
During a busy work day, we get messages and need to remember times of conference calls. Just how can we keep track?
- a desk tray
- memory improvement training
- a memo board
Which is better, corkboard or a dry-erase board?
- depends on taste
- dry erase
If you find yourself running out of space, what could be a simple solution?
- moving the office
- getting a smaller desk
- adding shelves
What is the best advice you can offer someone setting up a home office?
- Don't do it.
- Be organized.
- Get a good coffee machine.