The time and length of allergy season vary, but the tricks for minimizing your misery are the same. How much do you know about living with seasonal allergies? Test your knowledge about allergens with out outdoor allergy quiz.
Osteoporosis is most likely to strike:
- in childhood, when bones are forming
- during the childbearing years
- during perimenopause (the years before reaching menopause)
- after menopause
Which one of the following is NOT a risk factor for osteoporosis?
- having a small, thin frame
- personal and/or family history of broken bones in adulthood
- a diet high in calcium
Treatment of osteoporosis consists primarily of which of the following?
- steroid treatments and bed rest
- diet rich in calcium and vitamin D, weight-bearing exercise, and medications to stop bone loss
- diet low in fat, physical therapy focusing on the spine and hip, and arthritis medications
- there are no treatments once you have developed osteoporosis
A Bone Mineral Density (BMD) test:
- predicts if your bones are at risk for fracture and monitors the effects of treatment
- determines how your bone mass compares to other women of the same age
- predicts if you will become stooped over without treatment
- all of the above
Which of the following is not a weight-bearing exercise?
- brisk walking