The Ultimate Pet Insurance Quiz
Some people may think that pet insurance is a waste of money, but it could save your pet's life. Take this quiz to learn more about the costs of pet insurance policies and how they work.
In what year was the first pet insurance policy issued?
How much money did Americans spend on pet health care in 2006?
- $4.5 billion
- $14.5 billion
- $24.5 billion
Why are veterinary bill so expensive these days?
- due to a shortage of veterinarians
- due to the demand in pet health care
- due to the complexity of procedures performed
What is the average cost of owning a dog per year?
What is the average monthly cost of insuring a dog?
Once you are insured, _______ of your veterinary cost will be covered.
- a minimal amount
- a fair amount
What sort of person is pet insurance good for?
- Someone who will go into debt to save their pet.
- Someone who does not want to spend much on their pet's health care.
- Someone who does not care about their pet's health.
What percentage of Americans have pet insurance?
- 5 percent
- 15 percent
- 25 percent
What type of animal can be insured?
Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) are the biggest and oldest pet insurance company. What percentage of the market do they own?
- 31 percent
- 51 percent
- 71 percent
What is the maximum annual benefit you can get from the VPI Superior Plan?
If your pet has _____ it will be difficult to find an insurance policy that will cover them.
- hereditary conditions
- an accident
- a baby
Which of the following animals will cost the most to insure?
Which of the following animal associations also offers pet insurance plans?
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services (APHIS)
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
At what age will pets cost you higher insurance premiums?
- as babies
Which of the following foods could cost you dearly if you own a dog?
What is the first thing you should consider when looking for a pet insurance policy?
- how likely your pet is to need medical care
- how important your pet is to you
- your budget
How might you get a discount off your health insurance policy?
- if you have multiple pets
- if you have younger pets
- if your pets have a good health record
What should you make sure to verify with your insurance provider?
- that the policy does not expire
- that you can use any veterinarian you want
- that your pet is covered for surgery
Where can you find out if the company you are choosing to insure your pet with is reliable?
- Word of Mouth Marketing Association
- Better Business Bureau