The Ultimate Plasma Screen Cleaning Quiz
Plasma televisions have, to a large degree, replaced the older cathode ray tube (CRT) versions. While they are an impressive part of your home dÃƒÂ©cor, they do need basic care. Whether you have a CRT or a flat computer screen, take this quiz and find what you need to know about screen care.
What is the most impressive feature of a big plasma television?
- elegant frame
- flatness of the screen
- big, bright, crisp display
If your neighbor's older screen is clearer than yours, what is the probable reason?
- accumulated dust
- different manufacturers
- faulty tubes
What is one way to keep little fingers from smudging your screen?
- Add a special protective transparent sheet.
- Post a warning below the screen.
- Mount it out of reach.
Should you clean your plasma screen with window cleaner and a paper towel?
- Yes, glass is glass.
- Definitely do not.
- Newspaper is better.
What could result from not cleaning the screen according to the manufacturer's instructions?
- violation of the warranty
- unclean screen
- increased electricity consumption
What do manufacturers recommend to use to wipe plasma screens?
- recycled paper
- cotton gloves
- microfiber cloth
Is spraying a small amount of alcohol on the screen and carefully wiping with a microfiber cloth the correct way to clean the screen?
- Place alcohol on the cloth.
- Volatile solvents can damage the screen.
- Use benzene instead.
If you see a section on "image cleaner" in the user manual, what is being discussed?
- function to clear "stuck" images
- a way to saturate colors
- a form of censorship
How can you help prevent image burn?
- Reduce the contrast level.
- Use image cleaners frequently.
- Watch less television.
When does image burn usually occur?
- This always happens when there is a lot of static electricity.
- This is a phenomenon that is related to moisture in the air.
- This usually occurs during the first 100 hours of operation.