We'll bet you've played a hand or two of poker in your lifetime. But just how well do you know the game? Go all-in on the How Poker Works quiz. Ante up!
Poker is generally considered to have developed from collaboration between French settlers and Persian sailors in which city?
- Georgetown, Guyana
- New Orleans
Which legendary casino owner held the first-ever World Series of Poker in 1970?
- Benny Binion
- George Sands
- Steve Wynn
What is a "bug" another term for?
- the Jack of Spades
- the 2 of Clubs
- the joker
Which of these hands beats a full house?
- a straight
- a flush
- four of a kind
What are table stakes?
- a game limitation by which only the chips on the table can be played
- another name for the pot
- a term for when a player bets all of his or her chips
What is a rabbit in poker jargon?
- a player who digs through the folded cards
- a player whose tell is tapping his or her foot
- an automatic card-dealing machine
In Texas Hold'em, the two cards dealt facedown are said to be:
- on the felt
- in the hole
- upside down
Which of these types is generally considered the standard poker game?
- Five-Card Draw
- Seven-Card Stud
Which of these is a variation poker game?
Cold-decking is a poker cheat. What does it entail?
- replacing a fresh deck with a stacked one
- punching another player in the face to cause a distraction
- pumping a room with cold air to make players uncomfortable