What the Poop? Test Your Fecal Facts With This Quiz
Right from birth, we learn to eat, sleep and poop. Is your poop proficiency unparalleled or totally in the crapper? Take the quiz and find out!
How many times a day does the average newborn poop?
- three to four
- five to 10
Which of the following is not a potential side effect of sitting down on a standard toilet to poop?
Why do some foods, like corn and carrots, emerge unscathed in a bowel movement?
- They're composed of insoluble fibers, which the body has a tough time digesting.
- We tend to swallow them without chewing thoroughly.
- They're packed with GMOs.
True or false: Extremely terrible smelling poops are normal and to be expected.
- My poo smells like flowers.
What ingredient is fully 75 percent of each bowel movement?
- broken-down food
How much does the average bowel movement weigh?
- 6 ounces (170 grams)
- Half a pound (227 grams)
- 1 to 4 pounds (453 to 1,814 grams)
According to the Bristol Stool Chart, which of these types of poop is ideal?
- soft blobs with clear-cut edges
- sausage-shaped, but lumpy
- like a sausage or snake, smooth and soft
True or false: A regular colon cleanse is ideal to promote digestive health.
- depends on your individual digestive system and diet
Which shades of poop are most concerning?
- red, white and green
- black, white and red
- black, pink and purple
True or false: Straining on the toilet can actually kill you.
- only if you're in really bad health