We Are Not Amused: The Queen Victoria Quiz
Queen Victoria lent her name to an entire era. Take this quiz to learn more about the woman behind the crown and why she captured the spirit of the time.
What was Queen Victoria's real first name?
How was Victoria related to the king whom she succeeded?
- his daughter
- his niece
- his fourth cousin once removed
Where was Victoria raised?
In Britain, people found Victoria's ascension …
- really disgusting
- very popular
What was Victoria's mother's nationality?
How old was Victoria when she became queen?
- 22 years old
- 16 years old
- 18 years old
Queen Victoria had her first scandal when she forced a lady-in-waiting to do what?
- feed her grapes
- undergo a medical inspection for pregnancy
- never wear purple
How old was Victoria when she married Albert?
- 21 years old
- 19 years old
- 26 years old
Where was Albert from?
When did Victoria become pregnant?
- 15 years after her marriage
- She never became pregnant.
- shortly after the marriage
Along with a marriage and pregnancy, what other big life event occurred for Victoria?
- an assassination attempt
- a divorce
- a miscarriage
Victoria named her first child …
How many children did Victoria and Albert have?
Which did Victoria have?
- fits of anger
Albert's role in politics …
- was extremely small
- grew larger as his and Victoria's marriage continued
- was always quite significant
What did Victoria once say?
- "Men were not made for governing."
- "Women were not made for governing."
- "Nobody should govern; it's really a pain."
What was NOT one of the names of Victoria's children?
Albert was put in charge of what grand Victorian spectacle?
- the fireworks show on Guy Fawkes Day
- the London Marathon
- the Great Exhibition
What building, built for the Great Exhibition, came to be a symbol of grand Victorian development?
- the Crystal Palace
- the London Eye
- the Tower of London
What year did Albert die?
Victoria blamed whom for Albert's death?
- the Labour Party
- her son
Who else died in 1861?
- Victoria's daughter
- Victoria's mother
- Charles Dickens
After Albert's death, Victoria was not willing to …
- take part in ceremonial events
- stay in England
- leave London
Victoria grew close with John Brown, a what?
- Scottish politician
What was Victoria's Indian title?
- queen of India
- empress of India
- royal rani of India
Another assassination attempt on Victoria occurred in 1882. What was the assailant's complaint?
- Victoria wouldn't accept one of his poems.
- Victoria said something mean about his dog.
- Victoria was his neglectful mother.
What did Victoria do in 1896?
- got pregnant
- became the longest-reigning monarch in British history
What was over Victoria's bed?
- a parakeet in a cage
- a dream catcher
- a photograph of Prince Albert after he died
How old was Victoria when she died?
- 98 years old
- 75 years old
- 82 years old
After Victoria's death, her eldest son became King Edward VII. How long was his reign?
- two years
- 10 years
- 34 years