The Ultimate Redfish Locations Quiz
How easy is it to locate redfish? Very! Redfish are an abundant fish and very popular for sport and hobby anglers. Take this quiz on redfish locations and learn where to find them.
What is the best season for redfish fishing along the Atlantic Coast?
- the winter
- any season
- the fall
Which of these are redfish: rat reds, bull reds, red drum?
- only rat reds
- bull reds and red drum
- all of them
What do redfish have on the base of their tails?
- a large black spot
- a large red spot
- a large black stripe
How old are redfish when they are considered mature?
- 2-3 years old
- 3-4 years old
- 4-5 years old
Generally, redfish live in:
- both saltwater and freshwater
What do these have in common vis-à-vis redfish fishing: Hatteras Island, False Point and Ocracoke Island?
- They are great locations in the spring time.
- They have annual redfish fishing events.
- Their redfish population doubles every year.
During the month of April, where do redfish wintering in North Carolina head to?
- Laguna Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Virginia Beach
What makes North Carolina's Outer Banks unique?
- There is no need to go out in a boat to fish; you can do it all from the shore.
- You can catch some of the biggest redfish trophies there.
- The largest variety of redfish congregate there.
What happens to Florida's redfish populations as the seasons change?
- They die off.
- They move around.
- They reproduce at different rates.
For some unknown reason, Florida's Waccasassa Bay no longer has redfish. True or false?
- It never had any redfish.
Why do redfish feed at creek mouths and near oyster beds?
- because they find tasty minnows there
- because they are feeding on baitfish being pulled out by the tide
- because the waters are purer there
In the summer months, redfish swim in:
- shallow waters
- deeper waters
- distinct schools
How big are the redfish along the Georgia Coast?
- 24-27 inches (60-68 centimeters) long
- 27-30 inches (68-76 centimeters) long
- 30-35 inches (76-88 centimeters) long
Around Georgia's Barrier Islands, what sort of redfish inhabit the shoals?
- bull redfish
- rat redfish
- red drum
Despite their size, redfish:
- scare easily
- are harmless
- are relatively lightweight
What happens at Cedar Key and St. Augustine inlet basins during the fall?
- Redfish change their color to a smoky gray.
- Large numbers of red drum are produced there.
- Big bull reds are produced there.
Redfish sometimes inhabit very shallow waters. What can you see then?
- their jumping out of the water
- their tail fins
- their shimmery scales
What do redfish feed on?
- sea anemone
- baitfish and crustaceans
What are young reds called?
- red 'uns
- puppy drums
- baby reds
Biloxi's Back Bay area is great for what sort of fishing?
- fly fishing
- spear fishing
- trawler fishing