Big Baby Bucks: The Ultimate Saving Money With Infants Quiz
Saving money with a baby isn't as hard as you might think. From hand-me-down clothing to medical expenses, take this quiz to see just how much you know about saving money with your little one.
How much money does it cost to raise a child from birth to age 18 in the U.S.?
True or false: One of biggest financial burdens for families is the rising cost of food.
- True, but only in the Southeastern United States.
Which item should you NOT buy used?
- car seat
- baby rattle
What is the average cost to formula feed a baby for one year?
- $600 to $800
- $1,400 to $1,700
- $2,000 to $2,100
True or false: You can save money on baby-related products by using coupons.
- Yes, but only on formula.
Which of the following is NOT a way you can save money on disposable diapers?
- Be open to store brands.
- Buy truckloads at a discount.
- Use coupons.
True or false: The cost of raising a child from birth to age 18 increased by 40 percent between 2000 and 2011.
- Yes, but only if you have multiple children.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, how much has the average household income dropped since the year 2000?
- 2 percent
- 7 percent
- 15 percent
Coupon use hit a record high in what year?
Why should you be careful when buying a used crib?
- Cribs aren't generally built to last.
- It may have been recalled.
- Other kids' teeth marks are gross.
True or false: Breast pumps are now tax-deductible.
- Yes, but only if you buy more than one.
How much money can you save per ounce by making your own baby food rather than buying it?
- 20 cents
- 25 cents
- 30 cents
True or false: You can save money by not buying baby clothes in advance.
- Yes, but only for girls.
True or false: You can save money at the hospital by getting samples in the maternity ward.
- Yes, but only if you have a C-Section.
What's the average cost of a babysitter per hour?
- $3 to $7
- $8 to $12
- $13 to $16
True or false: You can save money on medical costs by breastfeeding your baby.
- Yes, but only if you use the most expensive formula on the market.
Which of the following is NOT a major advantage of breastfeeding?
- It enhances development and intelligence.
- It saves money.
- You always know how much your baby is eating.
What's a good way to save money on your hospital bill after having a baby?
- Don't turn on the television.
- Bring your own sheets.
- Bribe your nurses.
Which of the following clothing items can your baby do without?
True or false: As you receive or buy baby clothing, you should wash all the items right away.
- Yes, but you should use special laundry detergent for sensitive skin.