What's Your Sign (of Depression): Common Behaviors
The symptoms of depression can lead to several harmful behaviors. Take this quiz to see if you can identify them.
Which of these is the same thing as a depressive behavior?
- a depressive symptom
- a manic behavior
Depression can lead to eating less of what?
Loss of appetite due to depression is a symptom that originates where?
- the stomach
- the autonomic nervous system
- the esophagus
Which type of depression can lead to eating more?
- atypical depression
- manic depression
- postpartum depression
When it comes to sleep, a depressed person is most likely to do what?
- sleep all day
- have difficulty sleeping
- never sleep
Approximately what percentage of people with depression have a related sleep disorder?
- 25 percent
- 66 percent
- 80 percent
Sleep problems are similar to what other depressive issue?
- lack of appetite
- feeling isolated
Some people with depression sleep more than they should. What is this is because of?
- advanced depression
- atypical depression
- People with depression never sleep excessively.
Sleeping poorly is not just a behavior of depression, it's also a cause of what?
- eating poorly
How different is atypical depression from regular depression?
- It's not different.
- It's different in every way.
- It's different in a few ways.
What is a lesser-known behavior of depression?
- craving unusual foods
- chapped lips
When a depressed person has unexplained aches and pains, what does it mean?
- undiagnosed depression
What is a common treatment of both depression and chronic pain?
A person who experiences physical pain along with mild psychological symptoms of depression is less likely to do what?
- take pain pills
- take antidepressants
- take vitamins
What is the primary reason a person with depression may spend less time with friends and family?
- He or she feels ugly.
- He or she can no longer enjoy many activities.
- He or she is tired.
A serious side effect of isolation is what?
- It can lead to more depression.
- It can make a person accident prone.
- It can reduce a person's appetite.
Why do people with depression tend to have less sex?
- Depression can reduce a person's sex drive.
- Antidepressants can reduce a person's sex drive.
- Both depression and antidepressants can reduce a person's sex drive.
Depression is believed to cause more lost work days than what?
- most major illnesses
- only diabetes
- only heart disease
How does depression rank when it comes to disability statistics?
- It's the No. 1 cause of disability.
- It's the No. 5 cause of disability.
- It's the No. 10 cause of disability.
Most depressive behaviors are linked to what?
- a negative personality
- other depressive behaviors
- a chronic illness