Real Slogan or Random Gibberish?
This quiz wouldn't be half as fun if it only included the good slogans. Try your hand at guessing the almost-incomprehensibly bad taglines and the ugly truth behind some of our favorites.
What cheerful tagline did Bacardi use to promote its rum called Bacardi Spice?
- "distilled in hell"
- "better than hemlock"
- "hair of Cerberus"
What not-known-for-fun organization decided to use the phrase "Whoo hoo!" for a slogan?
- The Food and Drug Administration
- Washington Mutual
- National Public Radio
OK, one more: Why did WaMu decide to put that "h" in its "whoo" when we all know it should be "woo"?
- It was dreamed up by a copywriter from Britain where "whoo" is the standard spelling.
- Because "woo hoo" was Homer's line.
- It was a typo that stuck.
Sara Lee execs clearly wanted to sound down-home when they thought of this slogan:
- "Chaw your jaw on this."
- "Call Gramps, the pie is on!"
- "Heck, you don't need a fork."
What was NOT a FedEx slogan?
- "Our most important package is yours."
- "We put your package in our hands."
- "Why fool around with anyone else?"
What Campbell's soup slogan was pulled because of FDA complaints about its accuracy?
- "Soup made with love."
- "Happiness in a bowl."
- "Soup is good food."
Did you know Nike actually tried out another tagline in the 1990s? Pick the one the company gave a go.
- "I can."
- "Work it."
Some companies just don't excel in creativity. Which slogan is NOT real?
- "We're here."
- "We're Exxon."
- "We're chicken."
One slogan for Denny's described the Denny's experience thusly:
- "Here are foods and drinks for you."
- "We'll serve you meals."
- "A good place to sit and eat."
Who told you, rather brusquely, to "Drive One"?
What Yoda-sounding tagline is NOT real?
- Our force is your energy.
- Be your way.
- Good company are we.
What cringe-worthy slogan would give a start to any woman who was asked the question in reality?
- "Is that a Playtex under there?"
- "Do you need a Midol?"
- "Want to borrow my Nair?"
What was Long John Silver's inscrutable onetime slogan?
- "Ahoy you."
- "We speak fish."
- "Seafood, see food."
What elementary school taunt did Jack in the Box use to promote its bacon menu-items?
- "Love bacon? Marry it."
- "We're bacon and you're glue."
- "You and bacon sitting in a tree."
What kind of creepy slogan did (then) Mobil seem to pull out of a leading man's line in a dramatic romance?
- "We want you to live."
- "We will find you."
- "We will never leave your side."
When did M&Ms introduce the "melts in your mouth, not in your hands" slogan?
What company probably wished its slogan was not "ask why?"
What antagonistic slogan is NOT real?
- "What's your problem?"
- "Leave the driving to us."
- "Stay out of our way."
When did The New York Times begin to use the slogan "all the news that's fit to print"?
What celebrity was featured in the first "Got Milk" ad?
- Aaron Burr
- Jonathan Lipnicki
- Joan Rivers