The Ultimate Space-saving Plants Quiz
Discover plants for small spaces and choose the right plants for your home.Take this quiz and test your knowledge of plants for small spaces.
The weeping Norway spruce is famous for growing outward instead of upward. How wide can the weeping Norway spruce grow?
- 8 to 10 feet
- 10 to 15 feet
- 15 to 20 feet
Why is the weeping Norway spruce a low maintenance plant?
- It needs light watering.
- It needs an occasional trim.
- Both answers are correct.
Why will planting a Japanese maple add drama to your outdoor space?
- It is very large.
- It has enormous leaves.
- Its leaves have dramatic colors.
The Japanese maple has shallow roots which grow out horizontally. What type of hole should you dig for it?
- deep and wide
- wider than it is deep
- shallow and narrow
If you have a small garden and love conifer trees, you may want to consider what plant for your garden?
- Meyer lemon
- dwarf conifer
- Norway spruce
What may happen if you move a braided focus tree to a new location?
- The tree will wilt.
- The tree may shed leaves.
- Nothing will happen.
The braided ficus is known as an indoor plant, but can be used outside in what type of climate?
The braided ficus is part tree and part ________ , making it possible to braid its branches.
Why are Chinese evergreens a good choice for an indoor corner of your home?
- They thrive in low light.
- They need full sun.
- They need a lot of space.
Chinese evergreens come in beautiful shades of green and:
During Victorian times, which families had orchids in their homes?
- Orchids were found in all homes.
- Only royalty and aristocrats could afford orchids.
- Orchids were not developed until the 20th century.
How may species of orchids are there to choose from?
What sun exposure is best for orchids?
- full sun
- low light
How long can the ponytail palm store water in its trunk?
- one month
- six months
- one year
What should you do if your ponytail palm's leaves turn brown?
- Trim the leaves.
- Pull off the leaves.
- Leave the plant alone.
Why is the bathroom a good location for ferns?
- The fern will act as an air deodorizer.
- Ferns thrive in humid environments.
- They will look lovely reflected in the bathroom mirror.
Why do fern fronds turn yellow?
- The plant was watered too much.
- The plant was watered too little.
- The growing season is over.
To get your amaryllis to bloom again next year, what should you do?
- Water the amaryllis regularly and fertilize in the spring.
- Store the amaryllis bulb to plant again next fall.
- Cut the amaryllis bloom and store away till next fall.
What causes the leaves of African violets to develop spots?
- African violets will spot if water is dripped on the leaves.
- Too little water will cause African violets to spot.
- Too much sum will cause African violets to spot.
What is special about the leaves of an African violet?
- The leaves feel furry.
- The leaves are large.
- The leaves have a musty smell.