The Star Trek: The Original Series Quiz
The original "Star Trek" series went where no show had ever gone before. How much do you know about "Star Trek?"
How many episodes were there in the first season?
How did James Doohan lose one middle finger?
- A mugger with a knife
- World War II
- A farm accident
Why did Paramount try to offload "Star Trek?"
- It was losing money.
- It was too controversial.
- Gene Roddenberry was impossible to work with.
Who was the first character to be on the receiving end of the famous Spock nerve pinch?
- Pavel Chekov
- James Kirk
- Leonard McCoy
Dr. Sally Ride (the first female astronaut) was recruited to NASA by which actor?
- Nichelle Nichols
- DeForest Kelley
- William Shatner
Why did Gene Roddenberry get half of the royalty's for the show's theme song?
- He composed the song.
- He wrote the lyrics.
- He was the one who hired the song's creator.
Before his shirtless scenes, what did William Shatner have to do?
- Have his torso shaved
- Lose 30 pounds
- Get permission from his girlfriend
Which animals kept interrupting the filming of the first pilot?
Why did the creators come up with the teleporter technology?
- It was an established sci-fi concept.
- to wow audiences with special effects
- to reduce special effects costs
How many total episodes were there?
In which century does the show take place?
- 23rd century
- 25th century
- 22nd century
Which singer inspired Pavel Chekov's character?
- Davy Jones
- Bob Dylan
- Bobby Darin
Who convinced Nichelle Nicols to remain on the show in spite of on-the-job racism?
- Ralph Abernathy
- Rosa Parks
- Martin Luther King Jr.
How did Roddenberry want to change the original U.S.S. Enterprise?
- He wanted it to fly upside down.
- He wanted the engines to shoot huge flames.
- He wanted it to have at least six engines.
About how many times was the phrase, "Beam me up, Scotty" used in the series?
What job did Gene Roddenberry have before he created "Star Trek?"
- He was a cop.
- He was a lawyer.
- He was an accountant.
How did Leonard Nimoy's father capitalize on his son's new fame?
- He offered Spock haircuts.
- He sold pointy ear prosthetics.
- He made handcrafted "Star Trek" lapel pins.
Why does Shatner reportedly never watch footage of himself acting in "Star Trek" or any other show?
- He thinks his acting is terrible.
- He thinks cameras steal peoples' souls.
- He thinks he's ugly.
Spock's "live long and prosper" hand gesture was borrowed from which religion?
What does the "live long and prosper" gesture mean in Hebrew?
- Almighty God
- Go in peace.
- Rest in peace.
For two episodes, "Star Trek' producers used sets from which hit TV show?
- "The Andy Griffith Show"
In what year was the original pilot for the show finally aired in its entirety?
From what country did Walter Koenig's character hail?
What rules did Kirk and Uhura break by kissing on one episode?
- No white man had kissed a black woman on TV before.
- Sex between crew members was prohibited by protocol.
- Supervisors were not supposed to mingle with members on their team.
Instead of Kirk, which character was originally supposed to kiss Uhura?
Which celebrity helped prevent the show from being canceled after the first season?
- Lucille Ball
- Gene Roddenberry
- Jane Fonda
In the show, blue shirts indicated that crew members were a part of which team?
Who invented the Klingon language?
- James Doohan
- Leonard Nimoy
- George Takei
What skin color did Gene Roddenberry initially imagine for Spock?
The blueprint for the U.S.S. Enterprise included what feature?
- a bowling alley
- a disco
- a smoking lounge