The 'Star Trek' Vulcan Quiz
They can be infuriating in their logic and expressionless in the face of extreme danger. How much do you know about "Star Trek's" Vulcan race?
Vulcans are committed to eliminating what from their lives?
- rational thought
In Vulcan culture, what is the "katra?"
- mating ritual
- marital love
- living spirit
Spock is part Vulcan and part what other species?
What color is Vulcan blood?
What is almost always a requirement for Vulcans to establish a mind meld?
- visual contact
- must be within one kilometer
- physical contact
What happens to a katra when a Vulcan dies?
- It disappears.
- It can be shifted to another being.
- It is reincarnated into another Vulcan baby.
The katra of a Vulcan named Surak winds up in the mind of which Starfleet captain?
- Captain Kirk
- Captain Piccard
- Captain Archer
Why are Vulcans vegetarians?
- They simply don't like meat.
- They believe meat eating is immoral.
- They believe their species can be reincarnated as animals.
Vulcans were the first to find a civilization in the Gamma Quadrant. Which species did they find?
Why did Sarek end his relationship with his son, Spock, for nearly 20 years?
- Spock gave him the finger.
- Spock joined Starfleet.
- Spock showed signs of emotion.
In Vulcans, what is the purpose of the nictitating membrane?
- to ward off viruses
- to shield their eyes from bright light
- to protect their sinuses from environmental hazards
Bendii Syndrome is a degenerative disease that affects which Vulcan bodily system?
T-negative is an exceptionally rare Vulcan blood type.
What was the name of Spock's human mother?
What is the purpose of Vulcan finger touching?
- to trigger telepathy
- to stun an enemy
In Vulcan culture, what is "pon farr?"
- annual festival
- ritual mealtime
- mating time
What happened to Vulcans if they did not mate during the time of pon farr?
- They could die.
- They became celibate.
- They were driven insane by lust.
How often do Vulcans experience the pon farr cycle?
- every month
- once every seven years
- once every 12 years
What was the purpose of a katric ark?
- to decorate a Vulcan ship
- to save Vulcan children during a Romulan invasion
- to store a Vulcan katra
Vulcan society is conditioned to believe that individual needs are of paramount importance.
Who was the first Vulcan to serve on a human ship for a prolonged period of time?
What was Syrran's major life achievement?
- Becoming a Starfleet officer
- Refocusing Vulcans on Surak's life philosophy
- Fighting a Romulan invasion
In Vulcan language, what does "fal-tor-pan" mean?
- "The mind is one."
- "In chaos, keep faith"
What is a "sehlat?"
- an animal native to Vulcan.
- a type of Vulcan cuisine.
- a Vulcan outfit.
How do Vulcans pursue the taming of their emotions?
- constant prayer
- synthetic drugs
Which Vulcan is the first to take command of a human spacecraft?
Which character supports Spock's katra until it can be reintegrated with Spock's body?
- Dr. McCoy
- Captain Kirk
What is Kiri-kin-tha's First Law of Metaphysics?
- "Into the mind, into reality"
- "Nothing unreal exists"
- "Do or do not. There is no 'try'"
Which species corrupted the Vulcan government by surreptitiously warping the wisdom of Surak?
Spock famously said that, "Insufficient facts always invite WHAT?"
- emotional reactions