The Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot' Quiz
A strangeness overtakes this quite Maine town and all sorts of horrors ensue. How much do you know about Stephen King's "Salem's Lot?"
Both of the TV miniseries based on the book featured how many episodes?
What's the name of the story's primary protagonist?
- Brad Winters
- Ernie Calvert
- Ben Mears
What tragic event marks Ben's life before his return to 'Salem's Lot?
- His wife died.
- His daughter died.
- His mother died.
How does Susan meet Ben?
- They bump into each other at a video store.
- She recognizes him from his book.
- She saw him on a TV interview.
When Ben arrives, what is happening to the town's citizens?
- They are being hunted by a serial killer.
- They are turning into vampires.
- They are being poisoned by the water.
King has said the book was inspired by what?
- government corruption
- biological warfare
What type of vampire is Kurt Barlow?
- Type One
- Type Two
- Type Three
If a normal human drinks the blood of a Type One vampire, what ability do they supposedly gain?
- They gain unnatural strength.
- They can detect vampires.
- They turn into Type Two vampires.
Which of the TV shows offers a representation of Barlow that's truer to the book's character?
- the 2004 show
- the 1979 show
- both are wildly off the mark
What is Ben's occupation?
In which year was "'Salem's Lot" published?
Who plays the role of Ben in the 1979 miniseries?
- Lew Ayres
- James Mason
- David Soul
What is the subject of the book Ben is writing while he's in 'Salem's Lot?
- an abandoned mansion
- corrupt politicians
- a serial killer
Which publishing company released "Salem's Lot?"
- Penguin Random House
What sort of business does Barlow open as a cover story for his arrival in the town?
- wine shop
- antiques shop
- cigar store
What was the book's original title?
- "Witch's Brew"
- "Jerusalem's Lot"
- "Second Coming"
How does Ben's lover Susan die?
- He kills her.
- Barlow turns her into a vampire.
- She sets herself on fire.
Why is Barlow able to attack Father Callahan even though he's armed with a cross?
- Callahan takes the name of the Lord in vain.
- Callahan accidentally breaks the cross.
- Callahan's faith is weak.
How many pages are in the first edition of "'Salem's Lot?"
How does the 1979 TV miniseries end?
- Mark sets the entire town on fire.
- Ben kills Susan.
- Barlow turns Ben into a vampire.
What role does Richard Straker play in the story?
- He helps Ben kill Barlow.
- He is Barlow's first victim.
- He helps Barlow reach the town.
Before he returns as an adult, how long has Ben Mears been away from the town?
- 15 years
- 25 years
- 30 years
How does Barlow get rid of Father Callahan?
- Barlow makes Callahan drink Barlow's blood.
- Barlow makes Callahan drink his own blood.
- He gouges out his eyes.
After looking back on his body of work, what has King said about "'Salem's Lot?"
- It's his favorite book.
- He hates it.
- He wishes he had been more sober writing it.
How old is Mark, the character who tries to help Ben kill Kurt Barlow?
From which country did Kurt Barlow originate?
How many books had Stephen King published before "'Salem's Lot?"
How does Mark Petrie fend off Barlow's first attack?
- Sunlight reflected using mirror
- Plastic cross
Who plays Kurt Barlow in the 2004 TV miniseries?
- James Mason
- Rutger Hauer
- Reggie Nalder
To which country do Mark and Ben flee after escaping the vampires?