Take a group of supervillains serving lengthy prison terms or even awaiting execution and send them on government missions so dangerous that some of them will almost certainly die. That's the Suicide Squad.
Who is the commander of the Suicide Squad?
- Lex Luthor
- Amanda Waller
- the Joker
Where is the Suicide Squad based?
- Metropolis University
- Arkham Asylum
- Belle Reve Penitentiary
What comic book series did the original incarnation of the Suicide Squad first appear in?
- "Action Comics"
- "The Brave and the Bold"
- "Justice League International"
What is the name of the government agency the Suicide Squad operated under when Waller founded the team?
- Task Force X
- the CIA
In what DC crossover event did the modern Suicide Squad first appear?
- "Zero Hour"
- "Crisis on Infinite Earths"
The only people who were members of both the original Suicide Squad and the modern Suicide Squad were medic Karin Grace and…
- Rick Flag Jr.
- Harley Quinn
Who was the first villain recruited to the Suicide Squad?
- the Phantom Stranger
How does Amanda Waller keep the villains on the Suicide Squad from going rogue while on a mission?
- She maintains a list of their secret identities which she will reveal to the media if they disobey her.
- She keeps a close family member of each villain hostage as insurance.
- She makes them wear explosive arm bands that are set off if they go too far away.
Who was the first member of the Suicide Squad to die in action?
- King Shark
Barbara Gordon appears using what codename for the first time in "Suicide Squad?"
Whose identity does Amanda Waller threaten to reveal if he continues investigating the Suicide Squad?
What did Waller's role become when the team was exposed to the public?
- She continued to lead the team, but an actor pretended he was the leader to ease public tensions with the Squad.
- She was fired by the government and only communicated with the Squad in secret.
- She was demoted to NSA liaison.
What other team was also part of Task Force X?
- the Injustice League
- the Crime Syndicate
What role does Father Craemer play for the Suicide Squad?
- Team Sniper
- Team Medic
- Team Chaplain
What traditional gag happens to most members of the Suicide Squad?
- They get a pie in the face.
- They sit on a whoopee cushion.
- They get cold water dumped on them while they're asleep.
Which phrase is associated with the Suicide Squad?
- "Carry on for us"
- "Justice … like lightning"
- "Redemption is both the key and the lock"
Who was the only member of the Force of July to live through the explosion at the end of the "Janus Directive?"
- Lady Liberty
- Major Victory
- Silent Majority
How does Lex Luthor coerce Manchester Black into leading the Suicide Squad?
- He tricks him into thinking it's a different team by making the other Squad members wear fake costumes.
- The old exploding bracelet trick.
- He injects nanites into Manchester Black's spine.
Why does Deadshot stay with the Suicide Squad for such a long time?
- He likes the variety of teammates the Squad's frequent fatalities offers.
- He's so abrasive no other team will work with him.
- He wants to die, and their insanely dangerous missions give him the best chance of accomplishing it.
How does Slipknot lose an arm while on a Suicide Squad mission?
- His arm is torn off by a robot.
- Captain Boomerang tricks him into thinking the explosive arm bands are fake (they're not).
- Deadshot fires an explosive round into his shoulder.
Who was the first non-villain to join the Suicide Squad?
- Bronze Tiger
What villainous identity did Amanda Waller take on during the "Blackest Night" storyline?
- Dr. Light
Who was killed during a mission to stop Black Adam?
- Atom Smasher
- Black Adam
Arguably the most powerful incarnation of the Suicide Squad, assembled to defeat Imperiex, included what mind-altered monster who once killed Superman?
What happened when Sidearm tried to betray the Suicide Squad and leave while on a mission?
- King Shark killed him.
- His arm band exploded, killing him.
- He was caught by the criminal syndicate they were going after in the first place, and they killed him.
Whose face does Deadshot end up wearing not long after Harley Quinn joins the Suicide Squad?
- Harley Quinn
- the Joker
In the "New 52" Prime Earth version of the Suicide Squad, Waller broke 37 criminals out of Belle Rive. How many made it through her brutal tests to become the Suicide Squad?
What classic war movie is the Suicide Squad's "criminals offered clemency for taking on a suicidal mission" concept based on?
- "Where Eagles Dare"
- "The Longest Day"
- "The Dirty Dozen"
What are the members of the "New 52" Suicide Squad kept in line by, instead of the old exploding bracelets?
- surgically implanted nanobombs
- a cybernetic mindwipe chip
Who nearly kills Amanda Waller in one-on-one combat during a mission to Apokolips?
- Granny Goodness
- King Shark