Everyone from children to celebrities regularly bronzes their bods, even though they may be putting their health at risk! Test your tanning know-how and safe sun skills by taking this quiz.
The world's first dedicated sun clinic opened in:
In the 1800s, people with tans were considered:
- very fashionable
- Well, that depends. Tans were popular in Western nations but were considered a big fashion faux pas in Eastern countries.
Pale was posh. So, who's credited with popularizing the tan?
- Alice Roosevelt
- Coco Chanel
Young adults who visit tanning beds are:
- at a much higher risk for melanoma when they're older
- at a much lower risk for melanoma when they're older
- no more prone to melanoma than anyone else
True or false: Although tanning beds have been proven to increase a person's risk for skin cancer, baking under the sun can be good for you.
- depends on how long you're out there
People who are addicted to tanning are called:
According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, indoor tanning devices are:
- carcinogenic to humans
- probably carcinogenic to humans
- safe for everyone in small doses, like before a prom or wedding
What kind of radiation does a tanning bed use?
True or false: Besides making you bronze, tanning will also make you look old.
- depends if you fake 'n' bake or stretch out in the sun
Tanning's bad, we get it. But to avoid the sun's negative effects when not stretched out on the beach, you should:
- wear long sleeves and suntan lotion year round
- avoid the sun in the late morning and early afternoon
- both of the above