The Ultimate Technology Library Quiz
Now why should an inventor need a technology library? It could be a source of information and even inspiration. Take this quiz to be informed and inspired about technology libraries.
What do most people do with ideas for new inventions?
- apply for patents
- nothing much
- publish on Wikipedia
For whom can a technology library be especially necessary?
- people who need to copy material
- people without Internet access
- anyone needing updates on new technology
How can a technology library catalyze the innovation process?
- by highlighting new technologies
- by giving patent application advice
- by regulating use of new technology
What was the recent development by researchers based on a living creature?
- cold medicine
- automobile fuel
What type of technology enabled them to create an adhesive patch?
- molecular biology
- space technology
How do the nanotubes work?
- creates a magnetic connection
- forms molecular bond with the surface
- utilizes changes in air pressure
Is this development being used today and if so how?
- not yet in use
- extensively used by mountain climbers
- used in space program
How can this information best be distributed to a wide audience.
- specialized scientific publications
- Sunday papers' science section
- a virtual technological library
Do you know any company that has created a technology library?
- Bell laboratories created a communications museum.
- Inventables established an Innovation Center.
- NASA opened an on-line technology show case.
What kinds of samples has the Innovation Center collected?
- sand that repels water and porous metals
- antimicrobial snow and luminescent metals
- waterproof ectoplasm and magnetic zippers
What other services do Inventables offer?
- offer financing for pilot projects
- take care of patent protection
- organize brainstorming sessions
What kind of companies make use of Inventables?
- Fortune 500
What do Microsoft, Mattel and Mercedes-Benz have in common, other than the letter M?
- All use ectoplasm.
- All employ former Inventables researchers.
- All use Innovation Centers.
Does instant snow exist outside a movie studio set?
- only in the plastics industry
Why set up a display in a high-traffic area?
- It is safer.
- Passersby can browse freely.
- Installation costs are lower.