Most termites are actually beneficial -- they eat dead plant matter and contribute to the recycling of nutrients in the environment. Unfortunately, that dead plant matter could be the wood in your house.
How many termite species are there?
What kind of termite is most destructive to houses?
Termites are most closely related to what other kind of insect?
What's one way to tell a termite from an ant?
- Ants have bigger wings.
- Ants have eight legs and termites have six.
- Ant antennae are bent, and termite antennae are straight.
The king and queen of a termite colony are the only ones in the colony that have what body part?
What sex are worker termites?
How long can the queen of a termite colony live?
What happens to a termite after it takes its first flight?
- its wings break off
- it dies
- it doubles in size
How can you tell if you have a termite infestation?
- termite wings inside your house
- a swarm of termites in your yard
- termite droppings around the foundation of your house
What's a termite bond?
- a termite pesticide
- a contract with a termite exterminator
- a product that seals up termite entryways to your house