Test your knowledge of tigers! Take this 10-question quiz and see how much you know about tigers.
The night vision of tigers is how many times better than that of humans?
Which tigers have the <i>fewest</i><i> stripes? </i>
- South China
- Amur (also known as Siberian)
The life span of tigers in the wild is thought to be about:
- 5 years
- 10 years
- 15 years
- 20 years
At birth, tiger cubs weigh about:
- 8 ounces
- 1 pound
- 2.5 pounds
- 5 pounds
Amur tigers have rough tongues for what purpose?
- To clean their thick fur
- To peel away the skin of their prey and rasp flesh from bone
- To help create a particular growl
- To groom their young
Tigers live in the wild only in:
- Asia and Africa
- Europe and Asia
A tiger's stripes are:
- Identical to others of its species
- Identical only within family units
- Unique, like human fingerprints
- The same in all species
Tigers first appeared in Asia about:
- 5 million years ago
- 2 million years ago
- 1 million years ago
- 100,000 years ago
How much meat can an adult tiger eat at one time?
- 10 pounds
- 25 pounds
- 40 pounds
- 60 pounds
How do Bengal tigers react to water?
- They fear it and avoid it.
- They approach bodies of water only to drink.
- They cannot swim, but will cross shallow water.
- They are strong swimmers and sometimes hunt in water for fish.