How to Treat a Torn Nail Quiz
Do you know the do's and don'ts of coaxing your nails back to health? Find out the best ways to let your nails heal by testing your beauty IQ.
What are the two parts of a nail?
- Nail plate and nail bed
- Nail bed and nail bunk
- There is only one part to a nail.
Nails are made up of what protein?
What chemical commonly found in nail polish remover can make nails more prone to breakage?
- Acetyl alcohol
Nail psoriasis can cause the nail bed to change color. What colors might you see?
- Green, yellow, white
- Red, yellow, white
- Yellow, gray, brown
How fast do nails grow?
- 0.004 inches (0.1 millimeters) per day
- 0.04 inches (1 millimeter) per day
- 0.4 inches (10 millimeters) per day
True or false: Formaldehyde will help your nails grow strong?
- More research is needed.
How do humectants help keep nails healthy?
- They retain moisture in the nails and prevent them from cracking.
- They bind extra proteins to the nail bed.
- They prevent nail psoriasis.
Red nails may signal what disease?
- Lung disease
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
What is the most common way people tear their nails?
- Slamming them in a door
- Biting them
- Trimming them incorrectly
Are long nails or short nails more likely to tear?
- Long nails
- Short nails
- It doesn't matter.