Ultimate Pursuit of Happiness Quiz
Some things are fun to chase, and happiness ought to be one of them. Do you know how to be and stay happy?
Who's the author of the famous quote "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you"?
- William Shakespeare
- Mark Twain
- Nathaniel Hawthorne
According to a popular Chinese proverb, what can bring you happiness for a lifetime?
- taking a nap
- helping others
- inheriting a fortune
What decade had the highest percentage of happy Americans?
Which of the following is true?
- Older people are happier than younger people.
- Younger people are happier than older people.
- People in Bhutan are unhappy.
- People in Togo are happy.
According to Forbes' list of happiest countries in the world, where does the U.S. place?
- 4th place
- 14th place
- 9th place
What is 10 times more common today in the U.S. than it was two generations ago?
- number of millionaires
What percentage of your happiness is influenced by genes and upbringing?
Is happiness contagious?
- only if you don't wear a mask outside
What is one of the main determinants of happiness?
- having goals
Does laughing burn calories?
- yes, but only if something's funny enough to make you roll on the floor
- no, not at all
- yes, any laughter
Does happiness improve health?
- you bet
- only if it means free gym membership and smoothies with protein powder for a year
- no, and it makes me unhappy that you asked that question
Can Botox treatments improve your happiness level?
- perhaps, but will anyone be able to tell you're smiling?
What factor is most important in determining happiness?
- vacation time
What's the name of the branch of psychology that studies happiness and its impact on people?
- applied psychology
- positive psychology
- humanistic psychology
- punchline therapy
Will living in a country high in the happiness scale will make you happier?
What activity can improve your level of happiness by up to 20% if you do it regularly?
- eating chocolate
- taking a vacation
- going shopping
What kind of pets brings the most happiness?
What continent has the largest number of unhappiest countries?
- North America
- South America
If you want to be happier...
- make more friends
- learn to say no
- exercise more
- try all of the above
What does cynicism do to your happiness?
- boosts it by lowering expectations
- quashes it by raising anxiety
- I really don't care.