Children of the Atom: The 'Uncanny X-Men' Quiz
The X-Men fight to protect a world that fears and hates them. How well do you know Marvel's mutant heroes? Test your knowledge with this quiz.
What street is the X-Mansion on?
- Fifth Avenue
- Xavier Place
- Graymalkin Lane
Scott Summers' (Cyclops) brother Alex Summers is also known as the mutant hero named …
What secret government agency experimented on Wolverine before he joined the X-Men?
- Weapon X
- Department Z
- Section 8
Professor X is (usually) confined to a wheelchair because he was injured by an alien villain. What was the alien's name?
- Count Igwanus
The five original X-Men were: Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and …
What writer wrote "Uncanny X-Men" from 1975 to 1991, putting the team through many changes and vastly increasing the popularity of the X-Men?
- Harlan Ellison
- Chris Claremont
- Walt Simonson
Why were the Mark II Sentinels so difficult for the X-Men to defeat?
- They could adapt themselves to counteract any threat.
- Their armor was impervious to the attacks of all the X-Men.
- They were from the future and used advanced alien technology.
Who was Madelyne Pryor a clone of?
- Jean Grey
- Kitty Pryde
Professor X's girlfriend and eventual wife, Lilandra, was the Majestrix of what alien race?
- the Brood
- the Galadorians
- the Shi'ar
When the entire X-Men team was killed in Dallas during "The Fall of the Mutants," they were resurrected by the goddess Roma and sent where?
- the Australian Outback
- the Blue Area of the moon
- San Francisco
Which X-Men antagonist is Professor X's step-brother?
What is the name of the area in the X-Mansion where the X-Men run training exercises against robotic and holographic opponents?
- the Siege Perilous
- the Danger Room
- the Sanctum Sanctorum
When Professor X recruited a new team of X-Men in "Giant-Size X-Men" No. 1, it was to rescue the original five X-Men from what?
- the Microverse
- Krakoa, the Living Island
- Arcade's Murderworld
For several years Storm cut her hair into a mohawk and changed her costume to a black leather jacket. What happened to her during this period?
- She lost her mutant powers.
- Her children were revealed to be illusions created by Mister Sinister.
- She inadvertently killed hundreds of people when she created a hurricane to battle the Hellfire Club.
What dimension is Longshot from?
- the Mojoverse
- the Negative Zone
When Colossus throws Wolverine at an enemy, it's called a …
- Five-Finger Discount
- Maneuver B7
- Fastball Special
Why was Hank McCoy was nicknamed "Beast"?
- because of his blue fur and fangs
- because of his habit of eating rare steaks
- because of his extraordinarily large hands and feet
Which X-Men villain did NOT reform and become a member of the team at any point?
- Mister Sinister
- Emma Frost
Which X-Men recruit was killed almost immediately after joining the team?
Who ripped the adamantium out of Wolverine's bones?
- Shingen Yashida
What group did the five original X-Men form to rescue and train young mutants?
- the Champions
What is the sound effect when Nightcrawler teleports?
Lorna Dane is also known as what hero (and occasional villain)?
- the Goblin Queen
Why did Colossus once sacrifice his own life?
- to cure the Legacy Virus
- to deflect Asteroid M, which was going to impact Chicago
- to protect Kitty Pryde from Sabretooth
Who saved Jean Grey when she was about to die while piloting a space shuttle through a radiation storm?
- the Phoenix Force
- the Avengers
- a rogue Sentinel
Who was the first non-mutant to join the X-Men?
What happened in the alternate future of the "Days of Future Past" storyline?
- Sentinels killed or imprisoned all mutants and other superhumans and took over the United States.
- Magneto was sentenced to death for crimes against humanity, so he negated Earth's magnetic field, leaving it unprotected from cosmic radiation.
- Professor X went insane and erased the minds of every non-mutant human on Earth.
What was unusual about the hero Cable existing in the same time and universe as Nathan Summers, the infant child of Cyclops and Madelyne Pryor?
- Cable was a cyborg who had been programmed with an irresistible urge to hunt and destroy Nathan Summers.
- Cable was the adult Nathan Summers who had been sent to a distant future timeline and returned after reaching adulthood.
- Cable's DNA contained an equation that was the antithesis of Nathan Summers' mutant life force, so they should have annihilated each other.
Which of these famous monsters have the X-Men NOT fought against as a team?
What is the name of the X-Men's jet?
- the Blackbird
- the Killer Shrike
- the X-Phantom