Quiz: Should you Bring your In-Laws on Vacation?
Are you trying to decide whether to invite your in-laws along for a vacation? Take our quiz to learn whether you should bring your in-laws on vacation.
What should the main goal of a vacation be?
- eat gourmet food and drink the best wine
- relax and enjoy yourself
- have as much alone time as you can
Some people have such a great relationship with their in-laws that they think of them as which of these?
- best friends
- second parents
When will you probably have to spend time with your in-laws?
- at work
- every weekend
Why might bringing in-laws along for a vacation be helpful to couples with children?
- Children behave better when their grandparents are around.
- In-laws are often willing and happy to babysit their grandchildren.
- It gives your kids a chance to watch your spouse be disciplined by his or her parents.
What is the financial upside to having your in-laws come on vacation with you?
- Many parents enjoy spoiling their children, regardless of age.
- In-laws can book hotel rooms with a senior discount.
- Older couples have more experience with frugal vacationing.
How can inviting your in-laws help your marriage?
- Studies have shown that people who vacation with their in-laws have better marriages.
- When your in-laws are happy, they are less likely to annoy you.
- By including your in-laws, you show your spouse and your spouse's family that you respect them.
One of the best ways to avoid disputes over finances is to do which of these?
- Plan out the financial arrangements ahead of time.
- Win the lottery.
- Pay for everything yourself.
A common point of contention when vacationing together with in-laws is which of these issues?
- which activities to participate in
- who gets the master bedroom
- the proper way to address your in-laws
Which of these is essential to ensuring you and your spouse enjoy the privacy you need?
- personal space
- a day at the spa
If you do find yourself lacking the privacy you need, you should try which of these?
- Throw a tantrum and kick everyone out of the hotel room.
- Put on a pair of headphones and listen to music.
- Take a long bath and then cry yourself to sleep.