This wallcovering quiz will test your knowledge of wallcovering options and installation. Test yourself with the wallcovering quiz.
Which will not help you select the perfect wallcovering?
- fabric swatches
- a close friend or relative
- larger samples of paint or wallpaper applied to wall
- noting the effect of natural light on wall surface throughout the day
Which is not true about wall tile?
- It comes in all colors and sizes.
- It's available in metals, such as stainless steel and copper.
- Only ceramic tile can be used on kitchen and bathroom walls.
- It's durable and easy to clean.
Which is not true about paint?
- It's a quick and affordable way to change the look of a room.
- A tinted primer should always be used with saturated colors.
- Your wall color will hardly ever match the color on the swatch card.
- It's a permanent decision.
Which is not a faux paint technique?
Texturing techniques can make walls look like:
- stone or masonry.
- peeling paint.
- all of the above.
What's the best way to add height to a room using wallpaper?
- solid pastel colors
- vertical stripes
- horizontal stripes
- small prints
Which is not true of small-printed wallpaper?
- It defines a space.
- It creates a cozy, inviting atmosphere.
- It makes a room seem larger.
- It keeps the eye focused within the room.
Which is not true of wainscoting?
- It's decorative, raised-wood paneling.
- Beadboard is a type of wainscoting.
- It was originally designed as a decorative accent.
- It's part of a treatment that consists of a chair rail, paneling and a floor border.
Which is not true of crown molding?
- It gives a room a more finished look.
- It's only made of wood.
- It can add height to a room.
- It adds value to your home.
Which is not used to create a visual illusion?
- textured wallpaper
- feathers and straw