The Ultimate Weight Loss Quiz
Diets: You've tried them all, with mixed results. At least you know all about diets ... or do you? Test your diet IQ with this weight loss quiz.
Who wrote the "New Diet Revolution" in 1972?
- Dr. Robert Atkins
- Dr. James South Beach
- Dr. Deepak Chopra
At any given moment, what percentage of American women are dieting?
- 40 percent
- 12 percent
- 80 percent
What's a good rule of thumb measurement for the size a portion of meat, poultry or fish should be in a healthy diet?
- your foot
- a deck of cards
- a toilet seat
What is the basal metabolic rate?
- the rate at which your body produces fats
- the length of time it will take an individual to lose a specified number of pounds
- the amount of energy a body needs to function when at rest
What's the idea behind lower carbohydrate intake to lose weight?
- fewer carbs means less fluctuation in blood sugar levels
- carbs create the fat stores in your body, so less of them means less fat
- your body doesn't know when it's full when you eat too many carbs
What is the best way to tell if you're overweight?
- body mass index
- compounded weight ratio
- 1031 exchange
Which of these isn't an actual diet?
- The Cabbage Soup Diet
- The St. Louis Salt-only Diet
- The Hollywood Miracle Diet
The initial weight loss seen at the beginning of a diet comes from:
- sudden drop in fat stores
- change in metabolic rate
- loss of water
What percentage of your daily caloric intake should come from fats?
- 2 to 4 percent
- 25 to 35 percent
- 50 to 70 percent
Using which of these is an easy way to shave a few fat grams off your intake when dieting?
- nonstick pans
- ball of twine
- rolling pin