Brewers take all sorts of liberties with their favorite beverage, and sometimes their concoctions (or just the marketing) is downright bizarre. How much do you know about weird beers?
Short's Brew makes a Bloody Beer using what for added flavor?
- red squash
- blood Mary ingredients
- beef blood
A beer featuring sheep-dung-smoked whale testicles hails from a brewery in which country?
Precious is a Japanese beer that contains which odd ingredient?
- pig snout
- bone marrow
Legacy Brewing Company once made a beer named after which "Transformers" character?
- Optimus Prime
"Joint Effort" is a beer made with hemp, in order to celebrate the legalization of marijuana in which state?
How is Mamma Mia Pizza Beer made?
- a whole margherita pizza is steeped in a bag like the ones used to make tea.
- many, many artificial ingredients
- bits of pizza are fermented in the bottle
"Lumpy Gravy," from Lagunitas Brewing Company, features which celebrity on the label?
- Frank Zappa
- PeeWee Herman
- Kim Kardashian
Wynkoop Brewing Company makes a beer using bull testicles. What style of beer is it?
What color is Nimble Lips Noble Tongue IPA, which is brewed with squid ink?
The Martians Kidnap Santa! Has what flavors in it?
Which well-known brewery makes Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale?
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
- Rogue Ales
- New Belgium
What is the alcohol content of BrewDog's Tactical Nuclear Penguin?
How does the civet (a cat-like creature) contribute to the flavor of Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch Weasel breakfast stout?
- It unearths a type of jungle soil that lends flavor to the beer.
- It eats coffee beans and defecates them, and then they are used to brew the beer.
- It digs up a rare tuber that brewers can then find and use for the brewing process.
Sankt Gallen's Un, Kono Kuro also features defecated coffee beans. Which animal poops out these beans?
What is the alcohol content of Hello Kitty beer?
- about 2.5%
- about 9%
- about 18%
Right Brain Brewery turned heads in 2011 with a brew that included what in the ingredients?
- bird droppings
- horse intestines
- pig heads and bones
New Belgium Brewing once made a Coconut Curry beer in which style?
The "No Crusts" brown ale from Funky Buddha Brewery tastes like what?
- a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- a ham and cheese croissant
- a sausage and cheese burrito
Flying Dog Brewery's Pearl Necklace Chesapeake Stout contains what?
How many different kinds of spicy peppers are used to make Ghost Face Killah chile beer?
A brew called "The End of History" came wrapped in what?
- a dead, stuffed squirrel
- a slab of smoked salmon
- a vampire bat's wing
What was the alcohol content of "The End of History," from BrewDog?
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery made Noble Rot, a beer that's crossed with what?
- sour lemonade
- more beer
The Stallhagen Historic Beer 1843 is based on a 170-year-old bottle of beer found where?
- in a buried treasure chest
- in a shipwreck
- in a cave
Where is Kelpie Seaweed Ale made?
What color is the Spirulina Wit, from Freetail Brewing Company?
Why does Rogue call one of its wild ales, "Beard Beer?"
- It tastes like beards.
- The yeast comes from the brewer's beard.
- The mash contains (thoroughly cleaned) beard hair.
What's the unique selling proposition behind Snake Venom, made by Brewmeister?
- It has a high alcohol content.
- It contains a touch of snake venom.
- It contains fermented snake skin.
The "Walker" beer from Dock Street Brewing Co. has what zombie-inspired ingredient?
- goat brains
The Sapporo Space Barley beer features barley with what special characteristic?
- The barley traveled on the International Space Station.
- The barley was grown in soil blended with dust from a meteorite.
- The barley was grown in a vacuum.