Feel that wind? Fwooooshhhh!!! Fwwwooooshhh!! Quick, somebody put up a wind turbine. Test your knowledge with this quiz.
Which produces more carbon emissions: Wind power or natural gas?
Which of these states would be the best place to put a wind turbine?
Which of these is a problem with using wind as a power source?
- It causes climate change.
- The wind doesn't blow all the time.
- The turbines have to be close to major cities.
True or False: Thousands of birds die each year when they run into wind turbines.
What were those iconic Dutch windmills for? You know, the wood ones with the tulips?
- pumping water
- making electricity
- attracting tourists
According to the World Wind Energy Association, what percentage of the world's electricity comes from wind?
How does a wind turbine make electricity?
- The spinning blades turn a shaft that connects to a generator.
- They raise water that then flows downhill and runs a turbine that connects to a generator.
- Tiny elves inside the blades run on treadmills.
What literary character fought a windmill, thinking it was a giant?
- Don Juan
- Don Quixote
- Donald Duck
- Sancho Panza