Get moving! Exercise your mind with this women's fitness quiz from the National Women's Health Resource Center Inc.
What's the best form of exercise?
- A combination of cardiovascular exercise, strength training and stretching
- Working out with weight machines
When you exercise aerobically, you should feel:
- Your heart beating wildly; breathless
- No change in breathing; you don't have to tax your heart too much
- An increase in breathing rate, but the ability to carry on a conversation
- The need to hold your breath
When you lift weights, you should breathe as follows:
- Hold your breath as you're lifting
- Inhale as you're lifting
- You don't need to pay attention to your breathing
- Exhaling as you're lifting
When should you do your stretching exercises?
- After your body is already warmed up
- As a way to warm up your body for an aerobic or weight-training exercise session
- In the car on the way to the gym
- In the car on the way home from the gym
How much cardiovascular exercise should a healthy woman do to achieve such health benefits as improved heart health and weight control?
- Every day for at least an hour
- Five times a week for 30 minutes
- 15 minutes here or there
- Three to four times a week for 30 minutes