Are You Ready for the Zombie Apocalypse?
The zombie apocalypse might not be upon us just yet, but it's probably a good idea to be prepared. See if you're ready to face the living dead by trying your hand at this quiz.
Which of the following best describes a zombie, as depicted in popular culture?
- a reanimated corpse
- a creature with sharp fangs that feasts on human blood
- Nicolas Cage's performance in "Drive Angry"
This is one of two popular theories on how a person becomes a zombie.
- lack of oxygen to the brain
- voodoo curse
- looking in a mirror and repeating "I am Nicolas Cage" three times fast
The term "zombie apocalypse" describes which of the following events:
- waiting in line at the DMV
- a zombie outbreak spreading around the world
- the world burning up in a fire and zombies rising from the ashes.
According to Haitian lore, the powder used by sorcerers to turn humans into zombies includes which of the following ingredients?
- a strand of hair from a witch
- chili peppers
- puffer fish
Zombies are human-like, but they don't possess all of the qualities of a living, breathing human being. Which of the following is something zombies usually are not able to do?
- sit through all 149 minutes of "The Lone Ranger"
Which of these movies is largely credited as launching the zombie apocalypse film genre?
- "Friday the 13th"
- "Night of the Living Dead"
In 2012, this U.S. government agency officially denied the possibility of a zombie apocalypse.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Department of State
- The Federal Bureau of Undead Investigation
What is the best way to kill a zombie?
- Aim for the head.
- Aim for the heart.
- Aim for the feet.
The zombie apocalypse will be a lot more tolerable if we can still surf the Web. Which of these security measures is intended to help ensure the Internet survives the zombie apocalypse?
- setting home pages to black when a zombie appears
- requiring Facebook users to change their passwords
- burying servers deep underground
What do zombies eat?
- ice cream sandwiches
- tendons and cartilage
How many zombies does it take to start an apocalypse?
Rumors of a zombie apocalypse spread after a 2012 attack in which a Miami man was found gnawing on the face of a homeless person. What street drug was this incident initally linked to?
- bath salts
Which of these is a brain parasite that causes rats to act like zombies?
- myxoma virus
- Trichinella spiralis
- Toxoplasma gondii
The word "zombie" is believed to originate from which of these terms?
What are zombie apocalypses often used to symbolize?
- the spread of plague
- the spread of war
- high school bullying
Which of these is a parasitic fungi believed to cause ants to wander like zombies across Thai rainforests?
This musical artist made waves with a zombie-themed music video in 1984.
- Frank Sinatra
- Paula Abdul
- Michael Jackson
"The Walking Dead"<i> </i>is a TV show in which hungry human zombies take over which of these U.S. cities?
- New Orleans
Which of these is a fictional zombie virus created by author Max Brooks?
True or false: Zombies only come out at night.
- depends on your source material